The Philippine Embassy
Although diplomatic relations between the Philippines and Austria were established as early as 17 October 1946, it was only thirty-one (31) years ago in 1973 that the Philippine Embassy in Vienna was established. Previously, relations with Austria were under the oversight of the Philippine Embassy in Berne, and it was the Philippine Ambassador to Switzerland who was accredited to Austria, on a non-resident basis.
It was former Secretary of Foreign Affairs H.E. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr., then serving as Chargé d'Affaires (1973-1979), who opened the Embassy. He later gained the distinction of becoming the first resident Philippine Ambassador to Austria (1980-1986). He was then succeeded by H.E. Amb. Nelson D. Lavinia (1986-1992), H.E. Amb. Reynaldo O. Arcilla (1993-1995), Amb. Jose Abeto Zaide, Jr. (1995-1999), Amb. Victor G. Garcia III (1999-2006), Amb. Linglingay F. Lacanlale (2006-2010), Amb. Lourdes O. Yparraguirre (2015-2015) and Amb. Maria Zeneida Angara Collinson (2015-2017).
The present Philippine Ambassador to Austria is H.E. Maria Cleofe R. Natividad. She assumed her post in Vienna on 22 December 2017.